This branch of the Austrian Hesch family is descended from Johann Hesch and his wife Marya (Schlinz) Hesch, who came to America from Oberschlagles, Bohemia with three sons: Paul, Mathias, and Anton. +++Johann & Marya settled in Buffalo County, Wisconsin but moved to Pierz, Mn in about 1885. .+++Mathias settled in Waumandee, Wisconsin and moved to Pierz in 1911. +++Anton never married but farmed with his dad in Agram Township, where he died in 1911.+++And Paul, my great grandfather, settled five miles away, in Buckman, Minnesota. He died there in 1900.

: : : : : : : : : : : :

Sunday, February 15, 2009

This is how it goes...










So, last night, Larry and I were looking at this picture online. I was telling him who, when, where etc, and about the "garage" in the background. I said I remembered dad calling the car they're standing in front of a DeSoto. However, I was more interested in the car grandpa kept in that garage--remember it? A dusty looking black car, with that snub back-end and SPAGHETTI MONSTER head lights. What make was it, what year?

We both started googling, and he came up with an answer before I did, like usual!

I think the DeSoto was one of THESE , a 1953. Was it a sort of tomato red/orange? Did it belong to Uncle Matt?


As for the car in the garage, Uncle Eddie thought it was a Plymouth, and the closest thing I can find to my memory of it is a 1936 2 door coop. Sorta like these.
Uncle Eddie remembered that grandpa could stand milk cans in the trunk of the car...lol
(Cousin Gary Sufka just emailed: "Marlys, that old black car that Grandpa and I could put two milk cans in was a 1939 Chrysler. I think that in all the times that I rode with him in it we never made it over 35 mph".
LOL...thanks Gary!)

No comments:

Post a Comment