This branch of the Austrian Hesch family is descended from Johann Hesch and his wife Marya (Schlinz) Hesch, who came to America from Oberschlagles, Bohemia with three sons: Paul, Mathias, and Anton. +++Johann & Marya settled in Buffalo County, Wisconsin but moved to Pierz, Mn in about 1885. .+++Mathias settled in Waumandee, Wisconsin and moved to Pierz in 1911. +++Anton never married but farmed with his dad in Agram Township, where he died in 1911.+++And Paul, my great grandfather, settled five miles away, in Buckman, Minnesota. He died there in 1900.

: : : : : : : : : : : :

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

John Hesch and Catherine Mueller

A big, amazed THANK YOU to Sue C., our first cousin twice removed. She's a great-grandaughter of this couple:
John Hesch and Catherine Mueller, married in 1902. This photo was taken only a year after the sepia picture of the family, so you can really see which kid he was.

Sue said "Catherine Muller Hesch remarried to my grandfather’s father Andrew Suess" after John died in 1926. "Agnes Hesch Suess was my grandmother...Joan Suess Gilles was my mother. She grew up in Buckman and lived during the school year with her grandmother Catherine (Katie) Hesch Suess".

'Aggie Suess' was a familiar name from my childhood, but I doubt I ever asked who she was...lol Now, I need to go enter this info on my tree so it's clear to me.

Oh, and see? Nelson Photo Studio took this portrait, too!
THANKS AGAIN, SUE!

Added 2-3 days later:

This is John at 19 years old, in 1897. Wonder where he got that jacket, huh?

And another, of John about 25 years later...

No comments:

Post a Comment