This branch of the Austrian Hesch family is descended from Johann Hesch and his wife Marya (Schlinz) Hesch, who came to America from Oberschlagles, Bohemia with three sons: Paul, Mathias, and Anton. +++Johann & Marya settled in Buffalo County, Wisconsin but moved to Pierz, Mn in about 1885. .+++Mathias settled in Waumandee, Wisconsin and moved to Pierz in 1911. +++Anton never married but farmed with his dad in Agram Township, where he died in 1911.+++And Paul, my great grandfather, settled five miles away, in Buckman, Minnesota. He died there in 1900.

: : : : : : : : : : : :

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Louisa Rausch Sand 1854-1921

I remember people pronouncing RAUSCH (Rau-shhh) and RAUCH (Rau-k) differently, but I didn't recognize the difference till we started looking online.

This is Grandma Elizabeth Sand's mother, Louisa Rausch Sand, probably about 1895 or so.

The wash is drying out side, so I thought I'd share some of Larry's outstanding research. For a person who has no connections to this family except thru me, he has a remarkable handle on our ancestors! For instance:

We were talking about my great grandpa Mike Sand and great grandma Louisa Rausch. We knew some stuff about her--born in Shedliske, Prussia in January 1854, died in Buckman December 1921....parents were August Rausch and Veronica Simofhen...

But while I was prattling on about how little I knew, he was searching the web...lol Did I know about this Rausch? Looks like a clergyman...born in the same town as GGrandma...hmm!
Fr. August Rausch was applying for a passport. This was a cover letter he wrote when the authorities questioned why he'd lived in so many places.....





Just LOOK at all the information we found on his application, too. This man was Louise Rausch's brother:


Got the wash in just before it started sprinkling...Oh, and BTW, heres how RAUSCH looks in Suetterlin...lol I found this!
Without Larry, I'd still be wondering who Paul's father was, honest.
THANK YOU, LARRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment