Remember when great uncles Math and Theo did the grand tour in 1914? (Click DIARY on the side bar). Math mentioned that they were given tickets to a show when they were in Amsterdam--"best seats in the house", too. And, he had the managers' address in the back of the diary: "R. Underberg, Rembrandt Theater, Amsterdam".
Well, today, Larry found a postcard on this site of the original building:
Just think: 95 years ago, two Minnesota farm boys went thru those doors to see a pretty good show they "couldn't understand a word of!".
According to the link up there, the theater was built in 1902, became a moving picture house in 1919 and was torn down in 1937.
THANKS to LARRY!
For extra credit when quiz time rolls around: Rembrandts' middle name was Harmenszoon!