This branch of the Austrian Hesch family is descended from Johann Hesch and his wife Marya (Schlinz) Hesch, who came to America from Oberschlagles, Bohemia with three sons: Paul, Mathias, and Anton. +++Johann & Marya settled in Buffalo County, Wisconsin but moved to Pierz, Mn in about 1885. .+++Mathias settled in Waumandee, Wisconsin and moved to Pierz in 1911. +++Anton never married but farmed with his dad in Agram Township, where he died in 1911.+++And Paul, my great grandfather, settled five miles away, in Buckman, Minnesota. He died there in 1900.

: : : : : : : : : : : :

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Companies that've survived--wow




(select ads from Overland Magazine, 1889)

1 comment:

  1. The Perrier trademark reminds me a lot of the European currency we were looking at awhile back. I guess when it comes to fizzy water one must beware of pretenders to the throne, get the magnifying glass out and make sure the trademark has the correct number of breastesses on the stylizeds birds on each side.
    Or do my eyes deceive me?

    S'me
    S'Larry

    ReplyDelete