This branch of the Austrian Hesch family is descended from Johann Hesch and his wife Marya (Schlinz) Hesch, who came to America from Oberschlagles, Bohemia with three sons: Paul, Mathias, and Anton. +++Johann & Marya settled in Buffalo County, Wisconsin but moved to Pierz, Mn in about 1885. .+++Mathias settled in Waumandee, Wisconsin and moved to Pierz in 1911. +++Anton never married but farmed with his dad in Agram Township, where he died in 1911.+++And Paul, my great grandfather, settled five miles away, in Buckman, Minnesota. He died there in 1900.

: : : : : : : : : : : :

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Curiosities

Yesterday, I was walking upstairs at the Minnesota History Center, and three older (than me) women were coming down.  One of them, a smallish woman, saw me and her eyes lit up.  She said how NICE it was to see me again so soon!  I smiled, not recognizing her, and said I meet so many people in a week...how had we met?  I couldn't place her.  She started describing whatever it was we met over, complete with hand gestures, and absolutely NO clues to our 'shared experience'.  One of her companions came back up the stairs to where we were chatting, and said with a sigh, "It's time to go".  We said quick goodbyes, and she hoped we'd meet again soon....
LOL...it seemed like our original meeting was delightful.  I hope so, especially since it was clearly just in her mind....

Here's another one of those I-wasn't-there-but-I-wish-I-would-have-been experiences--Larry found it online, researching Sleepy Eye, Mn--and it looks like so much fun: (click to enlarge)
WHAT was "Market Day" ("--the Wedding--") in Sleepy Eye in August 1910?  There's so much in the photo that doesn't compute!

No comments:

Post a Comment