Saturday, June 26, 2010
In April 1887, the town of Royalton in Morrison County incorporated. In March that year, they placed an ad in the Minneapolis Tribune newspaper--not just a "Come see us", it was more than 2 columns of info about the town. The idea was to get new people to move there, so the description was of an amazingly vital town. All they lacked was a bank and a jeweler, honest!
Here's the copy-and-paste link to the page, courtesy of Larry: