This branch of the Austrian Hesch family is descended from Johann Hesch and his wife Marya (Schlinz) Hesch, who came to America from Oberschlagles, Bohemia with three sons: Paul, Mathias, and Anton. +++Johann & Marya settled in Buffalo County, Wisconsin but moved to Pierz, Mn in about 1885. .+++Mathias settled in Waumandee, Wisconsin and moved to Pierz in 1911. +++Anton never married but farmed with his dad in Agram Township, where he died in 1911.+++And Paul, my great grandfather, settled five miles away, in Buckman, Minnesota. He died there in 1900.

: : : : : : : : : : : :

Sunday, June 20, 2010

New history

My nice niece Laurel lives in NYC.  Her job took her to India  temporarily--but WOW--isn't it amazing that 5 generations and 140 years later, she can fly to a country Johann maybe never even heard of--for work?  Our world is strange and wonderful....

Anyway, back in New York, she has a money plant that needs watering every two days, so she left it with her Korean neighbor, John, who sent  this charming update on the plant's welfare:





Hi, Laurel.
How are you? What time is it now there?
Do you work on weekends there? I hope not.
I took a walk to Cnetral Park with your little botanic creature.
Both of us needed some sun light and I just came back.
But I wonder whether to bring a plant in the Park is so strange or not.
So many peple were interested in your plant.
At first, I put your plant a little bit far from me.
Then a guy approached to your plant and tried to take it away.
I stopped him and had to tell him that is mine.
So, I moved it near me and I got back to my book that I brought to read. 
But not a baby and a toddler have passed by without staring at it.
Some people told me it's a nice plant.
and some people asked me a few questions.
For instances, what that plant is and comes from and even someone asked me it's Marihuana????
Thanks to you, I had a very interesting experience.
I discovered that carrying a nice plant or not causes a big difference in the Park.
take care and stay healthy.
John.

Thanks for sharing this, Kath ☺!

No comments:

Post a Comment