This branch of the Austrian Hesch family is descended from Johann Hesch and his wife Marya (Schlinz) Hesch, who came to America from Oberschlagles, Bohemia with three sons: Paul, Mathias, and Anton. +++Johann & Marya settled in Buffalo County, Wisconsin but moved to Pierz, Mn in about 1885. .+++Mathias settled in Waumandee, Wisconsin and moved to Pierz in 1911. +++Anton never married but farmed with his dad in Agram Township, where he died in 1911.+++And Paul, my great grandfather, settled five miles away, in Buckman, Minnesota. He died there in 1900.

: : : : : : : : : : : :

Friday, March 25, 2011

Stuff you might appreciate knowing ☺


I save "neat" stuff in my pictures file, intending to share it with you sometime.  Well, today's the day.  
These bits have nothing to do with each other, or even with Heschs or genealogy...they're just cool.


Ok, I knew logging was done during the winter (no leaves on underbrush, no mud and NO mosquitoes or black flies), and I knew logs were stacked till spring, but damn, I didn't realize it looked like this.  When they complained of log jams, they meant it.

 This frightening character below has always given me the willies.  Where have I seen him?  A costume at Mardi Gras, maybe...Pulcinella?  No, Pulcinella wears white, with a black beaked mask.  Anyway, the explanation below the pic is good enough, and now I can delete it from my file.


Paul Hesch told his kids he left Europe in an apple barrel--this one seems fairly spacious, huh?


A rare view of a chicken...because a few of you'll appreciate it...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment