This branch of the Austrian Hesch family is descended from Johann Hesch and his wife Marya (Schlinz) Hesch, who came to America from Oberschlagles, Bohemia with three sons: Paul, Mathias, and Anton. +++Johann & Marya settled in Buffalo County, Wisconsin but moved to Pierz, Mn in about 1885. .+++Mathias settled in Waumandee, Wisconsin and moved to Pierz in 1911. +++Anton never married but farmed with his dad in Agram Township, where he died in 1911.+++And Paul, my great grandfather, settled five miles away, in Buckman, Minnesota. He died there in 1900.

: : : : : : : : : : : :

Friday, April 20, 2012

A few Morrison County country schools

I scanned a bunch of country school pics from the pictorial atlases, but I needed a list of the District numbers and where they were.  
Woohoo, Alice at the Weyerhaeuser Museum found it for me on Wednesday and sold me a copy. I added what I could, and hope they're accurate. Of course, I'll add info if we hear more about these places, or if Uncle Tony knows anything when he's here tomorrow...☺


Larry pointed out that this pic has writing on it:
above their heads it says "school days, District 16"
and on the left it looks like "Ran_y  Rochel_en"...?






No comments:

Post a Comment