This branch of the Austrian Hesch family is descended from Johann Hesch and his wife Marya (Schlinz) Hesch, who came to America from Oberschlagles, Bohemia with three sons: Paul, Mathias, and Anton. +++Johann & Marya settled in Buffalo County, Wisconsin but moved to Pierz, Mn in about 1885. .+++Mathias settled in Waumandee, Wisconsin and moved to Pierz in 1911. +++Anton never married but farmed with his dad in Agram Township, where he died in 1911.+++And Paul, my great grandfather, settled five miles away, in Buckman, Minnesota. He died there in 1900.

: : : : : : : : : : : :

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bridgeman-Russell Creamery, Pierz



.

When I first saw this ad in the early Pierz Journals, I took note.  I'd never heard of the Bridgeman-Russell Creamery but the name reminds me of ice cream and the public school in Sauk Rapids.   So when I saw the name on the building just south of St Joseph's Church in Pierz (The photo below was taken from the church steeple in 1915), a light went on ☺.  So THAT'S where it was!


But really, knowing what you know about our German dairy farmer ancestors, do you think the wording of the ad made ANY of them flock to B-R?

Me either.....

1 comment:

  1. How interesting! I was just reading in my great grandmother's letters of the 1930s about selling her cream and she only got pennies for what I pay big bucks for today. I buy raw cream from my farmer and it is $10 per quart, Yipes!

    ReplyDelete