This branch of the Austrian Hesch family is descended from Johann Hesch and his wife Marya (Schlinz) Hesch, who came to America from Oberschlagles, Bohemia with three sons: Paul, Mathias, and Anton. +++Johann & Marya settled in Buffalo County, Wisconsin but moved to Pierz, Mn in about 1885. .+++Mathias settled in Waumandee, Wisconsin and moved to Pierz in 1911. +++Anton never married but farmed with his dad in Agram Township, where he died in 1911.+++And Paul, my great grandfather, settled five miles away, in Buckman, Minnesota. He died there in 1900.

: : : : : : : : : : : :

Monday, November 5, 2012

The Phoenix, Arizona, John Hesch

Yay, we heard from another relative this week!  He's the grandson of Agram John, Mathias' son (see the header). Turns out his family left the Agram township farm about 1954, and ended up in Phoenix for health reasons.  
It's funny to think John is a  third cousin, when it seems time and distance would make us "removed", at least ☺.

   I've often wondered what happened to the children of John (Huntzie) Hesch and Cecelia Otremba (as I've wondered about the offspring of other relatives). Do they have computers, and have they googled family names?  It turns out Hesch History (the blog) is a repository of names from Bohemia and SE Morrison co, and lots of them are related to us and to each other. That's what makes this so COOL!

It's cool too that Phoenix John's grandma was an Otremba, like my great-grandma was, so we're a bit more related, with more people in common.  

Our Agram John Hesch (1890-1977) was more connected to Pierz than to Buckman.  He and Cecelia moved to Pierz when they retired, building a house there (across from Hartmanns house).  When John was mentioned in the Pierz Journal, he was distinguished by "Agram", since there was another John Hesch living in Buckman at the same time--he was the brother of the Buckman newspaper reporter, Math Hesch, and brother of my grandpa, Anton Hesch, too.  Buckman John was older (1878-1926) and owned a general store there.  

I'm hoping Phoenix John can send a photo or two (he'll ask his sisters if there are any). I'll post them here, for sure!
WELCOME, JOHN & FAMILY ☺

3 comments:

  1. Hey there! I am the great, great, granddaughter of John and Cecilia! Their son Reinhardt is my great grandfather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Catherine Wiggen. I'd love to connect and tell you more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Catherine, (my first comment/answer went away when I hit "publish"--argh). It's still amazing to me that we can find relatives here on line. I'd love to email with you ("Chat" drives me crazy). My address is there on the left :^)

    ReplyDelete