This branch of the Austrian Hesch family is descended from Johann Hesch and his wife Marya (Schlinz) Hesch, who came to America from Oberschlagles, Bohemia with three sons: Paul, Mathias, and Anton. +++Johann & Marya settled in Buffalo County, Wisconsin but moved to Pierz, Mn in about 1885. .+++Mathias settled in Waumandee, Wisconsin and moved to Pierz in 1911. +++Anton never married but farmed with his dad in Agram Township, where he died in 1911.+++And Paul, my great grandfather, settled five miles away, in Buckman, Minnesota. He died there in 1900.

: : : : : : : : : : : :

Monday, February 11, 2013

A Pierz Pastiche or Journal Jumble ☺

...and TG for an online Thesarus ☺

From my vast 'Clippings from the Pierz Journal' files, here are things that are cool or fun but not enough for a whole post by themselves.  
YOU are soooo lucky!
Aus-ge-spielt...a familiar word that made me smile.




In light of the pope's announcement of his retirement this morning, I thought we might publish some of the home guard.  Bishops Cretin, Trobec and Bartholomew.

5 comments:

  1. ausgespielt , beaten, beaten, broken, conquered, cooked, dashed, dead, defeated, defeated, destroyed, done in, doomed, dying, eighty-sixed, exhausted, finished, foiled, had it, kaput, lost, packed-up, ruined, shot, sunk, through, tired, undone, vanquished, washed-up, washed-up, wrecked

    I looked this up because I couldn't quite remember what it means, except something like 'played-out'. Seems close to kaput, above. I think Mom used it alot, right? K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I remember everybody older using that word--grandma, aunts, uncles, parents, neighbors. Anything that was tired, worn out, used up or done was ausgespielt: empty toothpaste, a pot of soup after supper, mom by noon, the garden in October, that brown bakelite radio...it's such a gutes Wort, we need to USE it, 'k?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree we should use that word. As in "On Gummie's Lap" is ausgespielt. At least as far as I can tell. There hasn't been much movement in that blog lately. Seems like an ideal place to post pictures of - oh, I don't know - grandchildren maybe? But that's just me. Maybe a feller doesn't have any grandchildren that she is proud of. That would explain a blog being ausgespielt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some commenters seem just a bit more sarcastic than others. It's probably a good thing that both comments were anonymous, cuz you'd think that this latest one is from someone who runs a few blogs herself, no doubt.....hmm?
    The real answer is that lately, I SEE the kids, in person, more than I used to, and so fewer pictures get taken and passed around. BTW, did you realize KQ will be SEVEN this month? Yeah, we'll go swimming, but you can BET there won't be pictures of that, either.
    Love you both...☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew - I see the commenters aren't the only ones to make snarky comments here!!!

    Love you - PT

    ReplyDelete