This branch of the Austrian Hesch family is descended from Johann Hesch and his wife Marya (Schlinz) Hesch, who came to America from Oberschlagles, Bohemia with three sons: Paul, Mathias, and Anton. +++Johann & Marya settled in Buffalo County, Wisconsin but moved to Pierz, Mn in about 1885. .+++Mathias settled in Waumandee, Wisconsin and moved to Pierz in 1911. +++Anton never married but farmed with his dad in Agram Township, where he died in 1911.+++And Paul, my great grandfather, settled five miles away, in Buckman, Minnesota. He died there in 1900.

: : : : : : : : : : : :

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Have we covered Hesch history now?

Obviously we've slowed down posting here on HH.  Larry and I have been at it since January of 2009, and it's been fun so far, but we're finding less new stuff on line.  (Actually, I'm AMAZED we found so much ☺ about my taciturn family).
Yeah, we've missed some people I'm sure, and when we find something, I'll post it, but for now, I'm busy posting photos from the Morrison Co Atlases on a new blog we called

       * * * * * Morrison County (Minnesota), Remembered * * * * *

It's all photos of people who aren't related but whose photos are precious.  I tried it on a Facebook blog but realized those images aren't google-able, and the whole point of posting pics is so relatives can find them by searching a family name from Morrison County.  It works already.  Try the snapshot setting on MCMR--you can get a great overview that way!

Yes, I have TONS of Pierz Journal clippings that you haven't seen, and eventually I'll post more, if they seem pertinent.  
For both of our loyal readers, check back weekly or monthly rather than daily, ok?  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment