This branch of the Austrian Hesch family is descended from Johann Hesch and his wife Marya (Schlinz) Hesch, who came to America from Oberschlagles, Bohemia with three sons: Paul, Mathias, and Anton. +++Johann & Marya settled in Buffalo County, Wisconsin but moved to Pierz, Mn in about 1885. .+++Mathias settled in Waumandee, Wisconsin and moved to Pierz in 1911. +++Anton never married but farmed with his dad in Agram Township, where he died in 1911.+++And Paul, my great grandfather, settled five miles away, in Buckman, Minnesota. He died there in 1900.

: : : : : : : : : : : :

Thursday, April 10, 2014

In honor of doing my taxes....

...yes, woohoo, I'm done.  Electronic filing is lovely, a really useful innovation compared to filling out forms by hand and sending them in, praying you figured the refund right.  Whew.  And to think, I have a whole five days grace!

I know, it's a clever segue into writing about labor-saving innovations from 100 years ago:

(I mean the ice box here ☺)

 Too bad this route wasn't pursued back then....

 (Yes, John Hesch went to Hudson Wisconsin, too)












You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment