This branch of the Austrian Hesch family is descended from Johann Hesch and his wife Marya (Schlinz) Hesch, who came to America from Oberschlagles, Bohemia with three sons: Paul, Mathias, and Anton. +++Johann & Marya settled in Buffalo County, Wisconsin but moved to Pierz, Mn in about 1885. .+++Mathias settled in Waumandee, Wisconsin and moved to Pierz in 1911. +++Anton never married but farmed with his dad in Agram Township, where he died in 1911.+++And Paul, my great grandfather, settled five miles away, in Buckman, Minnesota. He died there in 1900.

: : : : : : : : : : : :

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Our 2009 Reunion video

In the past 5 and a half years, I've often thought about how I wish I could post the video Larry and I made for the reunion, but it's 13 minutes long, and a whopping 126 MB.  I have room on my computer, but do you?  Does Youtube?
And then, yesterday, Tommy's daughter wanted to see it, so I tried to "compress" it and send it by email--but HA! Es hat nicht funktioniert.
Then today, Yahoo suggested I use Dropbox.  The way I understand it, a copy of the vid is "out there", waiting for you to make popcorn and click

There are only 3 or 4 small things I'd change if I could--one being that we didn't say where they came from in Europe, and another is the inclusion of the "eight women" photo before we identified almost all of em...but hell, you wouldn't have noticed unless you were Larry or me...or I mentioned it ☺.  Oh, and Tommy emailed to say I'd reversed his dad and Math in one of the last A A Hesch family pics.

Oh, and the music is the Stillwater Landler, played by Erwin Suess and the Hoolerie Dutchmen.


No comments:

Post a Comment