This branch of the Austrian Hesch family is descended from Johann Hesch and his wife Marya (Schlinz) Hesch, who came to America from Oberschlagles, Bohemia with three sons: Paul, Mathias, and Anton. +++Johann & Marya settled in Buffalo County, Wisconsin but moved to Pierz, Mn in about 1885. .+++Mathias settled in Waumandee, Wisconsin and moved to Pierz in 1911. +++Anton never married but farmed with his dad in Agram Township, where he died in 1911.+++And Paul, my great grandfather, settled five miles away, in Buckman, Minnesota. He died there in 1900.

: : : : : : : : : : : :

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Dreaming of relatives

I woke up laughing this morning after a sweet dream:

I was sitting at the table in Aunt Fronie's kitchen.  Dad was next to me, and Uncle Henry to his left.  Across the table was Uncle Reinhard, then Aunt Fronie with Uncle Leo next to her, across from me.  Aunt Fronie was reading a newspaper, and the rest of us were talking over coffee.  Uncle Reinhard leaned over and said, "I know you wanna--go ahead"...and I realized I was holding an empty  wax-paper roll.  I thwacked him on the head, which made Curly laugh.  Then Aunt Fronie said, "I wonder when that silly custom started?", and I said, "As soon as they invented wax paper" and thwacked HER on the head--Poook!   Uncle Leo dissolved laughing when he saw the look on her face--his white-haired head just sank to the table, his shoulders shaking, and that made everyone else laugh, except Aunt Fronie, who looked...surprised. 

So good to remember them as they were, and what a gift to wake up laughing.

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet dream! I can picture the whole scene and the reactions exactly as you describe them. So nice to revisit them all again...

    ReplyDelete