This branch of the Austrian Hesch family is descended from Johann Hesch and his wife Marya (Schlinz) Hesch, who came to America from Oberschlagles, Bohemia with three sons: Paul, Mathias, and Anton. +++Johann & Marya settled in Buffalo County, Wisconsin but moved to Pierz, Mn in about 1885. .+++Mathias settled in Waumandee, Wisconsin and moved to Pierz in 1911. +++Anton never married but farmed with his dad in Agram Township, where he died in 1911.+++And Paul, my great grandfather, settled five miles away, in Buckman, Minnesota. He died there in 1900.

: : : : : : : : : : : :

Friday, November 22, 2019

Remember?

 A picture of our cousins Carol and Bevvy in front of a house trailer.  Carol was 10 years older than me, and she looks, say, 6 or 7?  So this was 1945 or 46.  I wonder who's trailer it was, and where?
 One of the pics from Sue was this intriguing photo of Grandpa, and the script on the reverse of it.  I don't know who took the picture or wrote the inscription, but it's funny that this was Grandpas happy/excited look.  Still, it was a good reason.

"Math +Tony + Millie+ Mary Hesch"  This must have been taken on Ted and Millie's wedding day, at the farm south of the green schoolhouse.  You can see Aunt Millie was already special to them.  Makes me smile.

Great-Uncle Matt, his sister Great-Aunt Mary, his wife Halka, with Uncle Math or Ted on the right?  I don't know who the woman with the corsage is or why there was an egg crate on the ground, but bringing eggs along for Mary was something they would have done, for sure.




I thought I never met Great Aunt Mary's husband Joe, but evidently I did.  Here we are, pudgy me on Dad's shoulder, then Joe, Lois, Mom and Aunt Mary.  What a cool picture!



Aunt Millie goofing around with Grandpa, who's pretending he doesn't love it.  I think no one else in his life made him laugh like she could.  She really was a blessing to this dour family.


I'm pretty sure that's Uncle Tader (not Math), below, and young Aunt Millie. 

What sweet pictures.  Thank you, Sue!

No comments:

Post a Comment