This branch of the Austrian Hesch family is descended from Johann Hesch and his wife Marya (Schlinz) Hesch, who came to America from Oberschlagles, Bohemia with three sons: Paul, Mathias, and Anton. +++Johann & Marya settled in Buffalo County, Wisconsin but moved to Pierz, Mn in about 1885. .+++Mathias settled in Waumandee, Wisconsin and moved to Pierz in 1911. +++Anton never married but farmed with his dad in Agram Township, where he died in 1911.+++And Paul, my great grandfather, settled five miles away, in Buckman, Minnesota. He died there in 1900.

: : : : : : : : : : : :

Sunday, August 1, 2010

My wonderful kids

Friday afternoon, daud Emily and her husband Scott showed up at my house to do prep work and pressure wash the house so they and Josh could come back on Saturday and PAINT THE HOUSE!  Man, I had only a vague idea of how badly it needed it.

This is after washing and sanding, before starting to paint...oh man, it looks rough! 









I went off to a wedding in Buckman, and THIS is what I saw when I got home ►
WOW, huh? Looks like a NEW house.  Today, I'm busy painting window frames, such a small part of the project.
I'm so SO grateful to
JOSH, who had connections,  and who painted and fixed;
BECKY, who kept all three lil kids all day Saturday and sent delicious blueberry stuff for the crew;
EMILY, who pressure washed the place and fixed stuff and painted trim like crazy;
SCOTT, who did electrical and repair work for two long days; and
 MOG, my dearest and longest-term friend who spent her Saturday helping the troops do all of the above.

It's BEAUTIFUL!

3 comments:

  1. Scott did a lot of painting, too, especially the tall spots. Moggie deserves special mention for climbing up the pine tree at the south end of the house with Our reciprocating saw to cut off branches that were touching the house! And yes, Josh sprayed the whole house with an extraordinarily nice paint sprayer that he was able to borrow from a customer. He does have good connections:-)

    It was a fun (albeit disgustingly hot) day. I'm glad you like your birthday present!

    Love,

    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and Josie didn't nap all day, so Becks really was a trooper!

    (Em)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so blessed.
    I figure each of you did WAY more than what I listed (like, whatever needed doing ☺)

    I love you all!

    ReplyDelete