This branch of the Austrian Hesch family is descended from Johann Hesch and his wife Marya (Schlinz) Hesch, who came to America from Oberschlagles, Bohemia with three sons: Paul, Mathias, and Anton. +++Johann & Marya settled in Buffalo County, Wisconsin but moved to Pierz, Mn in about 1885. .+++Mathias settled in Waumandee, Wisconsin and moved to Pierz in 1911. +++Anton never married but farmed with his dad in Agram Township, where he died in 1911.+++And Paul, my great grandfather, settled five miles away, in Buckman, Minnesota. He died there in 1900.

: : : : : : : : : : : :

Friday, August 23, 2013

Grandpa would be 130 years old today ☺

There was a time in my life when I tried hard to slow time down.  It seemed like the kids and I would anticipate some fun thing--Oh, I can't wait for a trip or a birthday--and before we knew it, the occasion was done, in the past.  So I tried to appreciate right now, today, and stop looking forward...

Pretty soon, I realized time flies whether or not I paid attention.

Here's a 98 year old clipping from the Little Falls Herald about a much anticipated party, in honor of Anton A. Hesch.  He was 32, and just look at all the relatives and neighbors who attended.  I expect some spit flew that night:

"Those who attended the party which was held at the home of A.A.Hesch in honor of his birthday were John Naber, Katie, Joe and Frank Suess, Mary and Clara Mischke, William, Frank and Cecilia Pohlkamp, Kelzenberg brothers, William, Peter and Lizzy Sitzman, John and Joe Hesch, L.E.Gottwalt, wife and family, Ed Hortsch, Margaret and Annie Dehler, Theo. Hesch and a number of others.  They all report a good time".☺
Here're a few pics of grandpa through the years, because I can--

Anton @ 17, in 1900

Anton  @ 27, on his wedding day
Anton  @ 35, three years  after the party
Tony in 1925 @ 42....

Anton @ 57 in about 1940
....about 1950, at 67.

No comments:

Post a Comment